The Wisconsin State Building Commission has approved approximately $253 million in key projects across the state.
Highlights of the Commission’s approved projects include:
- Construction of a new approximately 25,000-square-foot GSF Health Services Unit at Stanley Correctional Institution that will provide much-needed health, psychological, dental, therapeutic, lab and ancillary services to better meet the needs of the population.
- Construction of a water treatment plant on the Mendota Mental Health Institute campus as Phase 1 of their Water Utility Improvements project that will ensure the reliability of their water supply.
- Replacement of several campground toilet and shower buildings at Mirror Lake State Park and Yellowstone Lake State Park that will greatly improve ADA access, operations and the overall camping experiences of hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Building Trust Funds were also released to begin the planning of campground facilities at Lake Wissota State Park.
- Construction of a new Shared Operations Facility that will house Fisheries and Wildlife Management at Richard Bong State Park.
- Replacement of the Mercer Ranger Station with a new 15,000-square-foot facility that will include Fire Response.
- Construction of necessary mechanical system repairs at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King that are past their useful life.
- Releasing Building Trust Funds to begin the planning and design for several field operation/support facilities for the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in Dodgeville, Horicon Marsh State Wildlife Area and Collins Marsh Wildlife Area.
- Authorizing a Design/Build alternative delivery method for the construction of the Camp Randall Sports Center Replacement and a Construction Manager delivery method for the construction of the College of Engineering Replacement Building, both at the University of Wisconsin—Madison.
- Construction of the Albertson Hall replacement facility that will take place on the same site at UW-Stevens Point, creating a new Learning Commons, Student Success Center and Center for Inclusive Teaching and Learning.
- Authorizing projects for UW-Madison, Parkside, Superior and Oshkosh as part of the Minor Facilities Renewal Program group enumerations.
- Authorizing 48 maintenance and repair projects for the departments of Administration, Corrections, Health Services, Military Affairs, Natural Resources, Transportation, State Fair Park, and the UW-System, located at various locations in 14 counties across the state.