KIVA Funding Program
The FACC and Kiva Partnership
FACC provides support to Native and other small business owners in Wisconsin using the Kiva Matching Fund Program. Business owners applying for a Kiva loan may also apply for matching funds through the FACC as a Kiva trustee. This program is made possible through the generous support of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC).
What is Kiva?
Kiva.org is a non-profit that enables enthusiastic and determined entrepreneurs throughout the country to access 0% interest small business loans. They facilitate lending through Kiva’s community of more than 1.5 million potential customers, business advisors, and brand ambassadors.
The loans are funded by hundreds of lenders around the world in increments of $25. The maximum loan amount is $10,000 with terms up to 36 months and provides businesses with the opportunity to build their credit score.
Who is eligible? A Kiva borrower must
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not currently in bankruptcy or foreclosure
- Use the loan for a legal business
We care about your character, not your credit score:
- No credit score, collateral, business plan for financial statements required
- You establish your reputation and community of support by inviting lenders from your network
- Our community of 1.5 million lenders funds most of the loan amount